Mail Art 365: Morning Biscuits
My mom made a big pan of biscuits every morning. She never used a recipe, and used an old glass bottle as a rolling pin. I used to sit on a stool by her old Hoosier cabinet & watch her roll out and cut the biscuits with an empty tin can used as a biscuit cutter. The biscuits that were left over from breakfast sat on the stove all day, & we'd eat a couple during the day. The next morning, any of the previous days leftover biscuits were crumbled & thrown out for the birds to eat. I really loved making this piece because of the memories it evoked.

11:33 PM
Terrific imagery, Paula! During one happy period of my life I lived in North Carolina, where I really learned to appreciate the glory of homemade biscuits. I especially loved biscuits w/ sausage gravy...=mmmm=
Thanks for evoking those memories! =smile=
Post a Comment